Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

30/30 challenge wrap-up

i did lots this month...lots of quilting...lots at work as we moved ER to its temporary home while our old home is being renovated...kind of like camping but we are doing it...having my quilting to look forward to has been a blessing...i finished the projects i set out to complete...so i achieved my goal...whoot whoot!!!!!!! high five yourself everyone who took part!!!!!! happy dance goes here!!!!
  • first i finished a baby quilt i had pieced but not quilted
 quilted, bound and ready for Thomas Henry
  • next i finished up my Lucky Stars BOM star

  • after that i worked on my own BOM which is a wild thymes pattern which i have set out to do one block each month until i am finished
  • next i cut out the pieces for my April wild thymes block

  • after that i quilted my "mango margaritas in the snow"
  • then i worked on Ruth's quilt for her retirement...trimmed, pieced, sandwiched, quilted and bound it ...had coffee with her to present it...very well received

  •  i got my lizard quilt to the binding stage...happy happy


  • i got the trees, bears and northern light on my "bear country" runner 

here it is...not totally finished but looking good...this design is my friend and her husband, her older set of twins and following along is the younger set of twins...cruising through the boreal forest under the northern lights...nice little family
close-up view

10 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! You are getting so much accomplished. What wonderful projects. Love them all.

What Comes Next? said...

you've really demonstrated how just 30 minutes a day can result in a lot of activity! WOW! So nice to see the whole recap and everything that you got completed - way to go!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Way to be selfish! Your sewing projects are great. Glad. I was participating with such talented people!

Mara said...

Fantastic finishes and you know I love your lizards!

inchworming said...

Just wonderful! Love all your projects!!!

isabellaswhimsy said...

Everything is so vibrant and exciting! I just kept scrolling up and down your post looking at everything again and again! Thanks for sharing with our challenge.
~Janie

Lorna McMahon said...

Yes! Great job, Sherry! Congrats on sew many wonderful finishes!

Jo Ferguson said...

Stunning work and a major month of accomplishment. You should be proud. I loved seeing the threads with the blocks. Ruth's quilt is gorgeous, I can see why she'd be happy with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do next month. You've sent the bar very high.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Sherry, You did some amazing work. Congrats! I love all of your projects.

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Sherry, thank you so much for participating in the challenge, and congratulations on meeting all your goals! You got so much done - great job - I'm a little jealous of your productivity! ; )